7.15.2004

Courtney Love...

It has come to my attention that Courtney Love may be the widow of "deceased grunge rocker Kurt Cobain." I mean, love her or hate her, there are certain things the woman must be credited with doing. Topmost on the list, of course, is being a one-person car-crash. Other than that, despite the fact that she can't sing, she does. I mean, I used to dream as a child that there would one day be a musical "movement," if you will, of women who can't sing. That would make me much more marketable. It finally happened, but on a completely different coast from where I was living, while I was 14, and by a bunch of women who could kick my ass quite easily.

Seriously. Have you ever seen the women in L7, Babes In Toyland or 7 Year Bitch? In fact, if any of these bands were still together, they'd probably hurt me just for talking about them, even if it is with awe and admiration.

Despite any of these facts, not least of which is her ability to generate news for herself, every article written about her must at some time mention her relation to Kurt.

My personal favourite would have to be this one. Of course, if you don't believe me, you can check one or this one (Which, at least doesn't have much to do with her being arrested or in hospital).

This is the only one I've ever found that doesn't seem to mention Kurt at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home