5.13.2006

Do you ever just wonder...

What the hell is going on?

I don't know, I keep writing these imaginary posts in my head, from the sacrilgious to the outrageous to the sublime, and of course after a day of typing for 8 hours or so, there's no way I'm putting anything else down on the keyboard.

I don't really have much to say, but it really has been so long. And it seems to me that there's so much I have left to tell you. So, you know how, like, I'm always talking about my truest form of worship and how he goes by the name of Neil Gaiman?

Yeah.

In case you can't tell by this picture, which I think makes everything very clear, I got to meet him. Stood about 18 inches away from him, in fact. Sadly, we got there really late (Bell Canada's fault, but too long a story) And so I didn't get my question in (Why are you thanked in the credits of Dogma? -- Which I didn't only fail to ask him, but Kevin Smith, twice.) And it was 1 am by the time our tickets allowed us up close and personal, so neither of us were terribly personable (Although he was trying very hard not to fall asleep and remained sweet even when Cos asked him to sign his copy of Halfblood Prince, for some unfathomable reason). And that was in October, Thanksgiving weekend, to be exact.

And BJ and Buddy finally made it to Toronto. Tell me this isn't a good representation:

I mean, these boys went native so quickly you'd think they were born to it. Of course, you should have seen them in the village where BJ said, and I quote "This is where I want to live. There's so much life going on." By which, of course, he probably meant "Just look at all the cute boys!!" Anyway, they loved it, and we love them, and they'll probably move here just in time for Cos and I to decide we've had it with Toronto and everything that entails and are moving to Austin, or something. But we'll see :)

Anyway, they brought their sweet selves here back in February, and when in Rome...
Wow, marvel at my neglect of you. Who else can 1. Meet their own personal avatar, 2. Finally bring their friends to Toronto and 2. b) Watch said friends get married, and still neglect to update their blog?

That's all right, the Neil Gaiman picture reminded me of something, so this will be a double post. Well, one point five, as the next one will be (almost) just pictorial. Yay!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home