1.15.2007

Addendum...

I'm also sick of her maligning my taste in music.

This is a 74 year old woman who will drive to various venues across Detroit to see the "incomparable" Clay Aiken croon his passionless love songs, and yet scorns the power and beauty in something so simple as a Nirvana tune or a wee ditty by The White Stripes.

Can she judge me a snob when I've listened and found lacking and she's never given mine the time of day?

And does she have a leg to stand on when she's 74 and into teeny bopper music when she mocked me, at 10, for liking NKOTB?

Which is more age appropriate, anyway? American Idol is not a good musical forum, unless you're looking for unimaginative pre-packaged pop, which I'm not. (Fantasia singing a Macy Grey song was definitely the end of this "live and let live" policy I'd adopted with the show. Watching the judges tell her she had such a unique voice and vision of the song, when she'd quacked it out in exactly the same manner as the original artist - And far less convincingly - just about did me in. I still have scars from how high the veins on my head tried to pop!)

She do be crazy, she do that. And apparently she's taking me with her, as I'm contemplating all of this in actual seriousness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home