10.02.2004

Life so strange...

Well, it's happened. I'm employed again. And a big double yay to me. Triple, even.

Since I've not yet tired of the story, allow me to tell it here, probably for the final time, since I don't feel it'll translate well into the written word. Just for the record, there is a cast of characters, but I'll try and keep it simple.

So, I received a phone call yesterday from Maureen, the manager of the temp agency, after my nightmarish interview with the call centre. She sounded very excited on the answering machine and was offering me a "...very exciting position." Of course I called her right back, even though I have to admit I was thinking it was probably another call centre.

When she answered the phone she asked, as I mentioned in a previous post, if I'd like to work at the temp agency. I'm holding out for a much cooler and artsier job, but I'm not holding my breath, although I am sort of mixing my metaphors, which is alright, because it's my blog. I'm not qualified for this job, even though I can do it really well. But this sounds interesting, and I thought I may as well try. Maureen added that I should come "dressed to the nines," so it was off a-shopping I went.

She then transferred me to Melanie, the head of the bilingual department, who seemed really awesome and also to like me right away. She thought I was incredibly cute when I mentioned my labrette and offered to remove it for her. She told me not to worry about it right now, but to get my cute self in as soon as possible.

"Are you a morning person?"

I told her I could be. She said she wasn't, and scheduled me to meet with her at noon.

When I arrived at noon today I went over to the receptionist, who was on a call. Then I heard my name. It was Maureen. She proceeded to tell me that the lady from the nightmare call centre interview had called to ask for me again. Proves I'm not always right about these things, but whatever. I smiled and told her that I could do the job she was offering, but would much prefer to work at the temp agency. She said she'd prefer that too, but would wait until after I'd met Melanie to tell the call centre no.

Then she brought me to Melanie, who was on a call, but lit up as soon as she saw me. This woman is great. Now, I get that she's my future boss and I may not feel the same way in a while, but for now, she's great, and I hope it stays that way. She's French, so she's wicked honest, and I'm an Aries, so I won't take it too personally, unless my Pisces side comes out, but life isn't made for Pisces sensitivity unless you're an artist, so I can deal.

The story is that she thinks I'm wonderful, loved the suit (Which I guess I can't return now, 'cause I'll need it) and offered me the position within five minutes of my walking in.

So I have a job. And everything went off well, except that when I went to shake everyone's hand at the end of the interview - Which ended up being more of an orientation - the little bag holding the extra buttons for my jacket sort of snuck it's way out - Thank god it wasn't a tag, that would've been unbearable. Roxanne and Mel both thought it was the cutest thing and Melanie even hugged me. So I have a job and am liked.

When I left the building, Angela, the lady who had been handling my file at first, was outside having a smoke and was really excited when she learned that I was starting Monday. Another hug. Working with all women will either be really fun or really horrible, but they all seem cool, so I'll not stress it till I need to.

Best parts: Cool people. I must go shopping (Suits!! Me. It's really funny, trust me), it's right around the corner from my house, and I'm starting at almost the same amount I was getting after five years at the bank, plus commission, and I already have a couple potential clients, so yay.

And this wins the prize for the most dull post ever, but the story is really funny (More so when I tell it, I think) and I'm excited. Because being broke is no fun and shopping is really nice, so a job that remedies the first and forces the second is a blessing.

Yay for being able to afford shopping again.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous mentioned between naked girations...

Im so very happy for you Wanda!!!! *hugs*

now...you need to take a couple months off and come see us..haha ;)

well, our roomate now dosent have a key to the apartment...YAY
and i just found out that one of my old boss' from kinko's, robert dallas, quit to go work at Best Buy with an ex kinko's district manager.

well...our suprise i was going to tell you later: we both have new cars! :-D

ok, talk to you later, and congrats again on your new job!

love ya and miss ya lots!

 
At 4:16 p.m., Blogger the gurl mentioned between naked girations...

Okay. Who am I?

"We don't have any moneyyyyy... We can't go out for dinnerrrrr... Wanna go to a moviieeeee? Oh, can't, we don't have any moneyyyyy..." And that was our last week in Houston. And now "You should call usssss... WE have newssss..." Mmm hmm. I see how you are.

Email us. Cosmo's sad 'cause you don't love us like you used to ;)

xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home