9.24.2004

... if I sang out of tune...

I'm so clever! I've come up with an idea for a television show. And this isn't just like the time I wanted to lock the most misogynist, tasteless man I know in a mansion with 12 really attractive professional women and see how long it took them to kill him. Or at least to forfeit the money prize which would require them seeing him on the outside. This time the networks won't steal it, 'cause I'd actually be willing to watch this one.

So, it'll be a spin-off of The Wonder Years. See, I've done the math, and it occured to me that Kevin Arnold would be about the same age as my parents. This means that his kids would be in or around the same age as me and my friends. And we'd call it, wait for it: The Grunger Years.

Instead of "With a Little Help From My Friends" by Joe Cocker, the theme song could be that really awesome cover of "What a Wonderful World" by Joey Ramone. At the very beginning, instead of the guitar lead in from "Sgt. Pepper's..." we could have some screeching guitar feedback by Sonic Youth or The Smashing Pumpkins.

Admittedly, it's a little Degrassi: The Next Generation, but that's doing far better in the States than the original ever did. And The Wonder Years was a completely different show from Degrassi. I mean, we're talking small town USA in the 60's compared with Toronto in the 80's. It's a definate stretch, there.

I'm actually thinking it'd be something more like My So-Called Life, but with more of the wistful coming of age stuff that The Wonder Years did so well.

I would like to be costume designer and the executive in charge of music. That's all I'm asking, with a little "Created by" credit at the beginning. I'm easy to please. If you're interested, contact me through this blog.

Hey a girl's gotta try, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home