3.11.2005

I took out my piercing for this...?


Note the before and after? This removal was supposed to help me get at the very least a semi-decent job, and yet...

Now, really. Here I sit, day one of my new and not so improved, but at least busier temp position. I'm working in an HR department for a local hospital, calling references and such, and for less money than I think I've ever made in my life. But it still beats sitting at home playing The Sims 2 and making the Polly and Pipe Smoker characters want to have lots of babies (Take that, evil baby lust bastards!) I guess.

So far I've sent out around 60-75 resumes. I'm not kidding. And I've had one interview. I'm still not kidding. And not only that, but this place wants me to file. Like, with paper. In folders. I have quite the collection of paper cuts, now. Quelle joy.

Add to that the fact that the building I'm working in is in the back of the hospital, which I strongly suspect is one of the oldest in the city, and that I have to access it by miles of underground tunnels. I get lost above ground in hospitals. And have you ever seen The Kingdom? And I don't mean that pansy-ass version of Stephen King's, either. I mean the real, creepy version with Udo Kier? This guy used to do videos with Madonna, and even at the age of like, 10, he creeped me right out.

Anyway, between the guy with no fingers demanding cigarettes every time I left the building, and the 10 walks past asbestos covered pipes (No kidding, there's a sticker on them that says Asbestos Insulation), and the miles of underground tunnels, and the ancient elevator where I kept expecting the ghosts of small children to materialize, it's been a very dull day. With paper cuts.

I've said it before, I'll continue saying it: (Cool) job people, I'm looking at you...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home