11.02.2004

In your honour...

Well, Cos posts quite a bit at the Randi Rhodes boards and has decided it would be a good idea to have the blog as his sig. This was mostly a good idea when I thought he was going to post - Nearly 50 posts and counting and still no sign of my imaginary boyfriend - as he was going to be our political reporter. Still, it's not like I'm devoid of social conscience. And it is election night. So this evening, for your viewing pleasure (Randi stragglers, I'm looking at you)

The new bin Laden tape released last week has been translated in full, not that you'll hear a good translation, or even a decent summary on American news. Here you have it, in full. Be forwarned, it's beyond creepy. It's like having a discussion with Satan after he's taken his crazy pills. Unfortunately, he brings to light quite a few important omissions made by the Bush government, and even goes so far as to call Hussein a "puppet" of the Americans. It all sounds very personal, and makes me for one wonder about what else has been going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. He also claims that the Bush family learned everything it knows about voter fraud from the dangerous rulers in the Middle East.

And voter fraud alerts abound, one watch dog commission reporting as many as 20,000 calls at 4pm Eastern time.

As I type this, the polls have started closing, and it's a dead heat at the moment, but it's brand new, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. And watch the numbers on BetaVote, because it makes me feel better to know that the world understands the importance of a loss for Bush, even if his own people may be deluded into believing that the past four years are something that need to be repeated.

I'm not the politico in the relationship, so I'm going to leave it at what I have here. These are the things I think are important now, and yes, I'm including bin Laden. I'm including him because his version of Bush is much creepier than I ever thought, even after watching Farenheit. But I thought it best to mention something, because I've noticed the Randi traffic and I can't let you be completely disappointed in Cosmo's sig. Plus, I adore her, she rocks my world, and so I thought it best to give a minor shout out to all the folks who've been coming here from her planet. Welcome, sorry it's not more riveting, but I'm beyond anxious and I can't bring myself to devote too much time to this - It's enough to give me nightmares, especially since they've pre-empted Scrubs tonight, which was my one chance at a half hour of not thinking about the election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home